In the schools we are
Teachers, Aides, Secretaries, Assistants, Psychologists, Custodians, Cafeteria Staff, Librarians, Counselors, Nurses, Maintenance Crews, Social Workers, Bus Drivers, Learning Consultants, Job Coaches, and Speech Therapists.
In the communities we are
Parents, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, PTA Members, Tutors, Scout Leaders, Coaches, Volunteers, Residents, Taxpayers, Consumers, Friends, and Neighbors.
Over 500 professionals
Serving the Jefferson Township School District and community through their collective . .- commitment to educational excellence in staff and pupil performance;- determination to be caring, responsible, civic-minded adult role models for children;- dedication to educating the “whole child”—emotionally, physically, socially, and academically;- participation in philanthropic activities, community and parent educational services
Services provided by JTEA members
- JT2015 – Members serve on the JT2015 committee with administrators and residents to identify and address district needs.
- Graduation / Prom / Dance Nights – Members support the efforts of the PTAs to provide a safe, fun, drug and alcohol free events for students by making monetary contributions, chaperoning, coordinating, and advertising these events.
- Professional Growth – Members regularly enroll in college courses and attend workshops and seminars to keep current with educational and technological advances.
- Budget & Candidate Nights – The J.T.E.A. works with the Jefferson Twp BOE to host forums for the public to meet and question all prospective board members, as well as opportunities to foster an understanding of the district’s budgetary needs.
- College Scholarships – Members support deserving graduates by contributing to a scholarship fund.
- Clothing / Food Drives – Members, district-wide, assist local families in need during the holidays and throughout the winter season by conducting these collections.
- Curriculum Development – Members serve on district committees to improve, update, and enrich curriculums after identifying needs and assessing current programs.
- Charitable Activities- Members participate is local charitable events such as the Middle School’s Student/Faculty Basketball game and dressdown days that raise money for cancer research, district-wide efforts to send care packages to the soldiers overseas, and many others.